Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Review: Heist Society


Title: Heist Society
Author: Ally Carter
Release Date: February 9th, 2010
Series: Heist Society #1
Number of Pages: 287
Publisher: Hyperion Book
Source: Bought
When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre…to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria…to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own—scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving “the life” for a normal life proves harder than she’d expected.
 
Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring Kat back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has a good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help.
 
For Kat, there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family's history--and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way.
I got this book on sales at Chapters a couple of weeks ago. I wasn’t sure if I would really enjoy it at first, mostly because the cover didn’t really catch my attention. Just looking at it, I didn’t tell myself “this book seems amazing!”

It had been on my shelf for a while, before I finally decided to read it. Even though I had heard many great comments, I just never got around to actually reading it. Heck, I should have. It is a fun read. I really enjoyed it, and it made me really excited for Uncommon Criminal. Why? Because there’s everything a girl like me could have asked for; a kick-ass female main character, some mystery, some action and a little touch of romance. Just enough romance to get my girly side, but not enough for me to consider it a main aspect of this book.

There were a couple of really great twits in this book. It is one of the reason I really enjoyed this book. It wasn’t that predictable. There was enough to get an idea of where it was going, without guessing every detail. Fast paced, there wasn’t a page in this book that bored me.

A fun read, with a humoristic twist on a criminal quest. I really enjoyed it and I definitely have to pick up the sequel soon!

1 comment:

  1. To generate on your own search lovely it is crucial that you just obtain some fake audemars piguet that will will help you receive the ideal desirable search. So as to pick up the top sneakers via prada company you should purchase gucci replica bags coming from a reputable web shop along with if you think maybe you are way too occupied to travel out and about pertaining to searching you can actually obtain totes via ballersonline a new trusted along with reggae downtown apparel keep. In ballersonline you can find totes by way of fake cartier on discount sales present. It will be possible to find the ideal gives which in turn may help you to turn into a fashionist involving fake rolex. Your totes get excellent skillfullness the most effective in the marketplace. Your prada sneakers pertaining to adult men are generally classy along with neat. Considering that adult men involving right now are generally believe it or not popular when compared with girls, along with so as to make an impression girls with their want, adult men can get some sneakers via prada company. These kind of replica rolex watches will permit adult men to experience a wonderful search along with match his or her attire so as to support the crooks to search dashy.

    ReplyDelete