Monday, September 26, 2011

Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Release Date: September 27th, 2011
Series: Mara Dyer #1
Number of Pages: 450
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Source: Bought

Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. 

It can. 

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed. 

There is. 

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.

Wow. Seriously, just WOW. I’m completely in love with the book right now. It’s simply one of the best books I’ve read this year. Seriously. It was amazingly good.

The story got me form page one. If you had seen me reading it, you would have seen me walking around from the bookstore to my house with my eyes glued to the book. My legs can tell you that much (It is always better to look where you’re going, you never know what will be on your way) The story was simply captivating and so well written. I couldn’t keep my mind of this book. I had to read it. Forget about homework, study or anything else. This book came first in my only day off (at least, it was my day off…)

I absolutely love Mara; she really made me believe that she wasn’t sure what was real and what wasn’t. I can’t help but feel bad for everything she’s going through, and hoping it will get better. Then, of course, I have to talk about Noah. If I’m honest, I didn’t like him at first. I thought he was self-absorb and really was kind of a jerk (mainly because of what Jamie said, but still…) but the more you read about him, the harder it is for you to keep disliking him. He was just amazing for Mara. I absolutely adore him.

Michelle Hodkin, you now have in my wonderful self an avid fan. I’m already dying for the sequel. If you haven’t been lucky enough to have read this book yet, you need to get it tomorrow, as it will be release. Seriously. I devoured it. It was THAT good. Still, be warned: Don’t start it before going to bed, you’ll probably never end up sleeping. This book is hard to put down.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I've heard so great things about this book. Great review ! It sounds amazing ! I'm very curious to read it now !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah I need to read this asap. Just looks like my kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MARA DYER IS MY LIFE. This book was soooooo amazing! Glad you loved it too! Everyone needs to know the sexiness that is Noah Shaw.

    ReplyDelete