Saturday, September 24, 2011

Review: Rules of Attraction

Title: Rules of Attraction
Author: Simone Elkeles
Release Date: April 13th, 2010
Series: Perfect Chemistry #2
Number of Pages: 324
Publisher: Walker & Company
Source: Bought
When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.
Ahhh, the Fuentes brothers. I had absolutely loved Perfect Chemistry, and I have to say that I also loved this companion book. Yet, Perfect Chemistry is still my favorite. Again, we have the bad boy and the good girl, both of which don’t want anything to do with the other at first.

First, Carlos is THE bad boy. Even if I had preferred Alex, he wasn’t as bad as Carlos. Carlos simply wants to be the bad boy, wants at first to be part of it. Again, I wanted to smack him a couple of time, for being such an idiot, but it’s part of his charm. The thing is he is way too proud for his own good. It’s easy to see from the beginning, how even he judges his brother for putting his pride aside for his girlfriend. Carlos seems to think that there’s nothing that matter more than his pride, which puts him in some dangerous situation.

Kiara was great. I liked her more than Carlos, because she felt like she was real about how she was. She wasn’t trying to hide behind her pride or anyone else. Yet, I didn’t like how the whole romance started off for them. I can’t point the moment where I can say “Now she loves him” I felt like she was more lusting after him at first, when then suddenly in love. She didn’t get to see his better side before falling for him.

I really enjoyed Simone Elkeles writing. It simply captivates me and makes me smile all through the pages. The Fuentes brothers are addicting, that’s for sure.

Again, this book is a fun romance, which will leave you wanting for more. Luckily, there’s a third book (which I need to get really soon!) called Chain Reaction.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read Perfect Chemistry, so obviously I haven't read Rules of Attraction either, but it's evident that I need to! Totally adding these to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about reading this series. I think I'll have to go get them :)

    ReplyDelete