Saturday, September 10, 2011

Review: Soul Thief


Title: Soul Thief
Author: Jana Oliver
Series: Demon’s Trapper #2
Release Date: August 30th,2011
Number of Pages: 320
Publisher: St.Marti’s Griffin
Source: Bought
Riley Blackthorne is beginning to learn that there are worse things than death by demon. And love is just one of them…
 Seventeen-year-old Riley has about had it up to here. After the devastating battle at the Tabernacle, trappers are dead and injured, her boyfriend Simon is gravely injured, and now her beloved late father’s been illegally poached from his grave by a very powerful necromancer. As if that’s not enough, there's Ori, one sizzling hot freelance demon hunter who’s made himself Riley’s unofficial body guard, and Beck, a super over-protective “friend” who acts more like a grouchy granddad.  With all the hassles, Riley’s almost ready to leave Atlanta altogether.
But as Atlanta’s demon count increases, the Vatican finally sends its own Demon Hunters to take care of the city’s “little” problem, and pandemonium breaks loose. Only Riley knows that she might be the center of Hell’s attention: an extremely powerful Grade 5 demon is stalking her, and her luck can't last forever…
I found it hard to connect with the story. I just couldn’t get into the book until the end. I don’t really know if it simply because I wasn’t in the mood for this book, or else, but I didn’t find it captivating at all. One of the think I loved about the first one was that it was funny. I had to stop myself so often from laughing out loud in public, but this one didn’t really made me laugh. It annoyed me. Grr… I hate when I don’t like a book I had been anticipating…

First, I have to say that it annoyed me that Riley felt so flat through this book. There wasn’t much spunk to her personality. It was more about her awful love life. Talking about love life, I must say that most of her “suitors” annoyed the crap out of me. First, Simon is a complete jerk with her. How can he treat her like that? Stupid jerk. Than Beck who is clearly attracted to her, but prefers to treat her A) like a daughter B) Like is granddaughter, or C) like a jealous boyfriend. Get a grip dude. Finally, Ori. Yes, at first, he can look like a sexy and mysterious stranger, but he clearly is a manipulative jerk. I don’t like you much now. You can rot in hell for all I care. Or course, there a short appearance by violent ex-boyfriend, which means that we can expect him to be present in the next book. More love drama for Riley. Sigh.

Now, one character that I adore is Peter. Now, that’s what I call a friend. He has is own problems, yet he doesn’t even really care that all they seem to be talking about for most of the book is Riley’s problem. Really great friend for her, which I hope will make her realize that he can need HER help sometimes too.

Overall, it wasn’t that bad. It just wasn’t as good as I had hoped for. I’ll probably read more from Jana Oliver, but will have lower expectation. It simply wasn’t as good as the first one in the series.

1 comment:

  1. Chances are they'll provide you with the closing browse your handbag to generate the idea louis vuitton replica uk search interesting. The actual result is a superb good quality ladies handbag using interesting capabilities. Female handbagsthat are made of natural leather get fines good quality louis vuitton replica uk along with textures. You will find there's various natural leather totes including crocodile ladies handbag, python ladies handbag, alligator ladies handbag along with ostrich ladies handbag. An exceptional handbag results in a fantastic feeling in people. It’s tough, hard along with is maintained for the fake rolex sale while. Currently, handbag companies employ resources in addition to natural leather to generate luggage similar to textile, jute, resin along with manufactured natural leather. Out there involving prada replica sale Malaysia, there are several models of totes a woman can discover that will not simply harmony louis vuitton replica uk your ex full visual appeal and also contain the probable to make available women a terrific prospect to ensure the girl could found very little in a very exclusive fashion. Collection of your handbag need to be in ways that it will go with while using costume along with individuality.

    ReplyDelete