Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review: If I Tell

Title: If I Tell
Author: Janet Gurtler
Release Date: October 1st
Series: None
Number of Pages: 256
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Source: NetGalley
Jasmine Evans knows one thing for sure... people make mistakes. After all, she is one. Jaz is the result of a onenight stand between a black football player and a blonde princess. Having a young mother who didn't raise her, a father who wants nothing to do with her and living in a small-minded town where she's never fit in hasn't been easy. But she's been surviving. Until she sees her mom's new boyfriend making out with her own best friend. When do you forgive people for being human or give up on them forever?
That’s not a book where there’s a lot of action, that’s for sure. When you know that, you will probably find this book enjoyable. It is a character driven books, in which I did like the main character to certain extend.

I like her, not personality wise, both mostly because she felt real to me. Her reactions, her fear, her expressions were all things I could imagine someone her age do (and saying that, I feel like I’m talking way younger, but still, you get what I mean.) She’s facing a choice that will affect more than just her. To tell or not to tell. She knows that it may hurt those around her, but wouldn’t it hurt even more to know that she helped hide what was done?

Jasmine is a mess. She is confused about her choice, but she is also affected by the fact that she is biracial in a small town, where she is the only one. Her father has never seen her, nor does he want to, her mom is horribly annoying. Luckily, she has an amazing grandmother, and she is finding some new friends who will probably be good to her.

Jackson was probably the highlight of the book. He is amazing as a character by himself, but he is even more awesome with Jasmine. I really enjoyed this book because of him.

This was the first book I had read of Janet Gurtler. After reading this, I will probably go out and get another book by her, because her style and writing was really great to read. I would definitely recommend it to someone who is looking for a character driven story.

1 comment:


  1. The first step in buying Replica Watches and Replica Handbags online is finding a website you can trust.Introducing the Hermes Handbags, Made of the brand’s signature?intrecciato?leather, this functional Gucci handbags has two straps that can be converted into a single strap for shoulder use. The Rolex Air King has an open top and closes with a magnetic fastener.

    ReplyDelete