Monday, June 06, 2011

Review: Flawless

Title: Flawless
Author: Lara Chapman
Release Date: May 10th 2011
Series: None
Number of Pages: 255
Publisher: Bloomsbury Teen
Source: Source
-
Sarah Burke is just about perfect. She's got killer blue eyes, gorgeous blond hair, and impeccable grades. There's just one tiny-all right, enormous-flaw: her nose. But even that's not so bad. Sarah's got the best best friend and big goals for print journalism fame.
On the first day of senior year, Rock Conway walks into her journalism class and, well, rocks her world. Problem is, her best friend, Kristen, falls for him too. And when Rock and Kristen stand together, it's like Barbie and Ken come to life. So when Kristen begs Sarah to help her nab Rock, Sarah does the only thing a best friend can do-she agrees. For someone so smart, what was she thinking?
This hip retelling of Cyrano de Bergerac is filled with hilariously misguided matchmaking, sweet romance, and a gentle reminder that we should all embrace our flaws.
-

First thing I have to say about this book is that I really like the cover. It really made me curious. I picked up this book last week, and I was nicely surprised. Even thought it isn’t Flawless, it was good (that was an easy one… Sorry!)

Again, this is kind of a girly book. Two best friends fall for the same new guy. One decides to help the other one get the guy. Okay, I have to say that I find Sarah to be slightly stupid. Okay, you may decide not to tell her you like him and would like to date him too, but come one, do you really have to help her? The ending gives you a cute little moral, which is nice, but I have to say that it was simply a nice entertaining story. It was perfect for summer and vacation for me, because you can read it without really thinking (I like not thinking…)

The characters were okay, but they felt slightly stupid and naïve. First, Sarah is really cruel with herself and stupid. How can you do that to yourself? Kristen just came up a dumb friend. She doesn’t realize that it hurts her friends, and she actually thinks that what she’s doing is right (hit her head on the wall.) Come on! Rock may be awesome, as he likes literature and art, but he is naïve. He really didn’t realize that the Kristen that writes to him and the Kristen he talks to. Come on! They both talk differently, and they both have different interest. You really didn’t realized? Sigh…

The writing was fun. Eve if there was a couple flaws, I was really captivating. I had to keep on reading. I really want to read more from Lara Chapman. I enjoyed this book. I would give it a good 4/5. I really really liked it. It was just fun to read!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good book. I haven't heard of it before, but I'm really on a YA contemp kick right now. And you're right, that cover is awesome. I'm going to add this one to the good old TBR! Thanks!

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really want to read thisone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just dying to get my hands on this book haha, it sounds like a read I can enjoy without getting burdened emotionally! Except...the male love interest is named ROCK?!

    ReplyDelete