Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Review: Pretty Little Liars

Title: Pretty Little Liars
Author: Sara Shepard
Release Date: October 1st, 2006
Series: Pretty Little Liars #1
Number of Pages: 286
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Bought
-
Three years ago, Alison disappeared after a slumber party, not to be seen since. Her friends at the elite Pennsylvania school mourned her, but they also breathed secret sighs of relief. Each of them guarded a secret that only Alison had known. Now they have other dirty little secrets, secrets that could sink them in their gossip-hungry world. When each of them begins receiving anonymous emails and text messages, panic sets in. Are they being betrayed by some one in their circle? Worse yet: Is Alison back? A strong launch for a suspenseful series.
-

I had watched the show (and loved it), so I had to give the series a shot. I wasn’t disappointed, but I wasn’t super impressed. It was simply a nice summer read. I read it in one sitting, drinking an iced coffee sitting on a patio at Starbucks. It was entertaining!

The story was good. It kept me captivated, but it wasn’t the book of the years. The ending was okay, but like the series, it doesn’t give you that many answer. (Of course, it is the first in the series, so they can’t really give you everything!)

The characters were great. My favorite has to be Aria. I don’t know why, but I don’t really like Hannah in the book, there was just something annoyed the crap out of me. I don’t know, she just seems more like a b*tch than in the series. (Which is why I should have read the series before…)

The writing was easy to follow, but it kind of got on my nerves that every chapter follows a different character. Still, I got over it pretty fast.

The book was fun. I ended liking it, but I would have probably liked it more if I hadn’t seen the TV show before. 3/5

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it ! It's been sitting on my shelves for like forever .. I love the show and I want to give the book series a try .. I'm hoping to start reading this book soon !
    Thanks for the great review !

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a new GFC follower! love your blog!
    hope you will stop by mine and follow me!!


    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete