Monday, June 27, 2011

Review: Spellbound

Title: Spellbound
Author: Cara Lynn Shultz
Release Date: June 28th, 2011           
Series:None
Number of Pages: 384
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Source: Netgalley

What's a girl to do when meeting The One means she's cursed to die a horrible death?
Life hasn't been easy on sixteen-year-old Emma Conner, so a new start in New York may be just the change she needs. But the posh Upper East Side prep school she has to attend? Not so much. Friendly faces are few and far between, except for one that she's irresistibly drawn to—Brendan Salinger, the guy with the rock-star good looks and the richest kid in school, who might just be her very own white knight.
But even when Brendan inexplicably turns cold, Emma can't stop staring. Ever since she laid eyes on him, strange things have been happening. Streetlamps go out wherever she walks, and Emma's been having the oddest dreams: visions of herself in past lives—visions that warn her to stay away from Brendan. Or else.

If I’m completely honest, I have to say that I didn’t think I would really enjoy this book at first. I don’t really know why, but that’s really the first impression I got… Okay, I may know one factor… It’s, like, a character that, like, is named Kristin... Yup! If there’s one thing that can annoy the heck out of me, it's the use of the word “like” after every two or three words. That’s like, totally annoying. Of course, Kristin is not supposed to be a really likeable character, which helps me forget about her oh so nice use of the word like.

Okay, I have to say that I fell for the cursed love story again. It’s not my fault! How could I not fall for the mysterious and wonderful Brendan? Plus, the main character, Emma was more than tolerable! I found myself liking her, which is perfect! I usually have trouble with the girl that falls to easily for the mysterious guy, even if I usually fall for him too.

The story really got me captivated, which was not a good thing… It made me stay up all night to finally finish it, even if I needed to sleep as I was working the next day. Not a good thing… Well, maybe not a good thing, as I was reading it before bed. Not so bad if I had started it in the afternoon. The ending made me smile. It made me dream of my own Brendan (without all the “almost dying part of Emma’s life. Just give me Brendan, not what she went through!)

Loved it, loved it, loved it! Can’t wait to read more from this amazing author, who made me lose some precious hours of well-deserved sleep. Oh well, I’ll sleep tomorrow!

1 comment:


  1. any craftsmen for Rolex Replicasversion Louis Vuitton Shopping Replica Rolex GMT Watches put on any highly developed systems which unfortunately is related to the very first LV. Owing to any great workmanship, every part for synthetic version Chanel Shopping bags is certainly manufactured utilizing terrific notice. Despite the fact that lugging an extremely wonderful designer Replica Rolex Watches, you can expect to increase feelings for ego with full indoors. In actual fact, what you may delight in is just not a good Synthetic version Shopping Replica Rolex Submariner Watches which happens to be put to use in formulated with equipment, however , a good work of art worthwhile an individual's really enjoy. Any aperture across the go out with is a little bit more rectangle over the Replica Rolex Air King WatchesPatterns are sometimes made see despite the fact that over the genuine it is Swiss Replica WatchesDesigner Replica Handbags UK
    .

    ReplyDelete