Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Review: Legacy

Title: Legacy
Author: Cayla Kluver
Release Date: June 28th, 2011
Series: Legacy #1
Number of Pages: 496
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Source: Netgalley

The first boy disappeared on the day of his birth, on a night when the pale yellow moon of the nighttime sky turned red and bathed the heavens in the ghastly color of blood, on the same night the Kingdom of Cokyri abruptly ceased its merciless attack.
Across the land of Hytanica, under the shadow of the crimson moon, infant boys continued to vanish. Not until the blood had faded from the sky did the disappearances stop and the bodies of the murdered infants were found outside the gates of the city, a final word from the greatest enemy Hytanica had ever known. For the next sixteen years, peace reigned, but one mystery remained unsolved. The Cokyrians had abducted forty-nine newborns, but returned only forty-eight bodies.
Now, as seventeen-year-old Princess Alera of Hytanica is besieged from all sides by suitors vying for the Throne, a teenage Cokyrian boy, Narian, is encountered within the walls of her Kingdom, a boy who will show Alera a world where women serve a purpose and not just a husband. As Narian helps Alera find her voice, she struggles against an arranged marriage that will shatter the life she has scarcely begun to live. And when Narian's shocking past is uncovered, and war with Cokyri looms once more, he must fight to defy a fate ordained at his birth.


I was really hoping I would enjoy this book. Yet, I found myself disappointed. It wasn’t really what I expected, and to be honest, some characters just didn’t make it for me.

Ah, the characters! You can love them, you can hate them. At first, I kind of liked Alera, but the more I got to know her, the more I wanted her to fall off a cliff (yes, she did annoy me that much…) She just felt a little too naïve, borderline stupid. She was too self-centered for me. She was saying that Steldor was condescending and arrogant, yet she didn’t look that much better to me. Yes, Steldor is an ass. Yes, I wish he could jump off a cliff if Alera was to fall. He just made me roll my eyes too many time. Narian wasn’t that bad of a character. He was mysterious at first, but in the end, it’s kind of boring. Is there nothing in his head but military stuff?? My favorite character was honestly London. He felt real and honest.

The plot was problematic for me, simply because it was hard for me to really find which one was the main plot. There was too much stuff going on at the same time. I felt like she was trying to fill some hole simply to make the book last longer. I don’t know, I just can’t define it…

The book was well written, I simply wish the story line could have been a little clearer and the characters a little more likeable. 

1 comment:

  1. It's true that this cost of such gucci replica merchandise are generally consequently substantial that will just one or two folks have enough money these people. For that reason, replicas emits a substantial breeze inside manner market place. Due to minimal price ranges plus the wonderful good quality of such developer reproductions, these kind of developer affordable totes rule your popular breitling replica sale speedily. Precisely why accomplish your happening chanel replica. Throughout society, folks are generally often needing to find the renowned brand name solutions. For the reason that brand name merchandise contain the superb basic design and style plus the excellent good quality, along with the key an example may be that will normally it is going to very last a good employ interval in your lifestyle. Your developer reproductions that will meet up with these circumstances could meet up with persons' omega replica sale. Your reproductions have your basic manner design and style plus the good quality, perhaps the design virtually search a similar. Really the only difference will be the enormous price tag big difference. The genuine developer totes have to have a huge number of numerous hublot replica, as you move the reproductions merely have to have a small percentage in the initial price tag.

    ReplyDelete