Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Review: Passion

Title: Passion
Author: Lauren Kate
Release Date: June 14th, 2011
Series: Fallen #3
Number of Pages: 420
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Source: Bought
-
"Every single lifetime, I'll choose you. Just as you have chosen me. Forever."

Luce would die for Daniel. And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .
Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.
Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.
Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.

Sweeping across centuries, PASSION the third novel in the unforgettably epic FALLEN series hits stores Tuesday 14th June 2011.

-

First, I have to say that I thought Passion was the final book of the series. I didn’t know if I should be happy or sad about that. It’s not that I don’t like the series, I do like it, but I was prepared to read the end of it. Sigh.

The plot was kind of not that big. What matters in the book is that we learn all about he past lives of Luce, which was interesting. I simply was expecting much more from the book. I was expecting a happy ending, but there was no real ending, just the knowledge that there is more to come. I don’t know. It kind of was a disappointment. Arg. Yet I did read it in one sitting, and couldn’t put it down.

I liked that in this book we learned more about Luce and Daniel. It kind of made their love less strange (?) if I can say that. Still, it is the same main characters. I still like Cam, and wish we could have seen him more, but maybe next book?

I like Lauren Kate. I’ve liked her since Fallen, but I’m kind of hoping for something different. I’m kind of excited to read something new from her. Maybe that’s just me, and the fact that I was thinking it was the last one.

I would give it a 3/5, simply because I was expecting much more. For those of you who loved this series, you will still like this one, but I don’t think this book will bring those of you who didn’t like Fallen and Torment into the story.

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was the last one too! That dampens my eagerness a little, which is good, now I won't expect too much! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first book of this series, Fallen, and I found it just okay. But Torment was pretty disappointing...I was hoping the series would get better with each book but I don't think Passion brought me into the story at all.

    Thanks for giving such a honest review! (:

    ReplyDelete