Sunday, June 12, 2011

Review: Timeless

Title: Timeless           
Author: Alexandra Monir
Release Date: January 11th, 2011
Series: Timeless #1
Number of Pages: 304
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Source: Bought
-
When tragedy strikes Michele Windsor’s world, she is forced to uproot her life and move across the country to New York City, to live with the wealthy, aristocratic grandparents she’s never met. In their old Fifth Avenue mansion filled with a century’s worth of family secrets, Michele discovers a diary that hurtles her back in time to the year 1910. There, in the midst of the glamorous Gilded Age, Michele meets the young man with striking blue eyes who has haunted her dreams all her life – a man she always wished was real, but never imagined could actually exist. And she finds herself falling for him, into an otherworldly, time-crossed romance.
Michele is soon leading a double life, struggling to balance her contemporary high school world with her escapes into the past. But when she stumbles upon a terrible discovery, she is propelled on a race through history to save the boy she loves – a quest that will determine the fate of both of their lives.
-

When I started this book, I wasn’t sure if I would really enjoy it. The first few pages just felt flat, and I thought that it would probably end up being a painful book. Yet, it didn’t take long before I was really into the story. I can enjoy time-travel novel, but at first I wasn’t sure if I could believe in it in this story. Yet, Alexandra Monir made it completely believable, and quite enjoyable. The ending was surprising to me. First, I wasn’t aware that the book had a sequel coming out in the future. I thought it was a stand-alone. That’s why the ending really surprised me. I was sure there would the ending and that’s all. The story would be done. Nop! There is much coming up for Michele, and Monir wants you to know!

The characters were great when it came down to the two main characters. I liked Michele in the end, even if she kind of annoyed me at first. Philip was kind of dreamy, but kind of awkward also. I don’t know, there just was something off at certain moments. The grandparents creep me out. I wouldn’t want them as mine, that’s for sure. I thought Cassie was kind of too nice with Michele, backing her even though Michele wasn’t really friendly with her at first. My favorite character was Lily. I wish we could have seen more of her.

The writing was fun and easy to read. I’m excited about the sequel, and I can’t wait to read more from her.

I would give it a good 4/5, because it was a captivating and entertaining book for me.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting! I'm definitely going to check it out, adding to TBR:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You furthermore mght find a big day showcase from the 3 rolex replica sale standing and a charcoal switch with the help of luminous showcase, some curved scratchproof sapphire decanter or glass, with the help of the water training roughly 100 feets. Needless expenses typically the Oris TT1 Worldtimer is better follow through this show. Just Oris teamed all the way up aided by the Williams F1 Organization to offer typically the Oris Williams F1 Organization athletic follow. So i am not really fantastic freakout of that follow. Label everybody some snob, and yet I just would choose a watch I just bought to always be referred to from each and every fake breitling only typically the follow label. Even, In my opinion should you desire some athletic follow they've been various labels from looks after that serve healthier styling. Typically the Oris Enormous The queen's Gallery belongs at their aviation show. Typically the enormous the queen's posting reminder of this conception from aviation when ever breitling replica sale was mandated to vary his or her's looks after whereas carrying fluffy equipment. This unique collection of looks after might be more like whatever I have foresee because of Oris. Typically the Oris Enormous The queen's goes along with engine mechanical circulation with the help of give up characteristic showcase from numerous hours not to mention or so minutes out of your centre, smallish fixed further by 90 years o’clock, decentralised hour not to mention per hour displays, further counter top out of your centre, big day by two to three iwc replica sale. Typically the might be charcoal guilloché with the help of vivid white numerals not to mention indices, vivid white lacquered wrists and hands; virtually all within some s / s claim 316L with the help of hand-applied fluted bezel, screwed claim spine. Typically the looks after are actually water-resistant towards 50 m with the help of plexiglass not to mention charcoal iwc replica uk leatherette secure with the help of Louisiana croco trend not to mention security measure clasp.

    ReplyDelete