Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Review: Imaginary Girls

Title: Imaginary Girls
Author:Nova Ren Suma
Release Date: June 14th, 2011
Series: None
Number of Pages: 346
Publisher: Dutton
Source: e-ARC from NetGalley + Bought copy
-
Chloe's older sister, Ruby, is the girl everyone looks to and longs for, who can't be captured or caged. When a night with Ruby's friends goes horribly wrong and Chloe discovers the dead body of her classmate London Hayes left floating in the reservoir, Chloe is sent away from town and away from Ruby.
But Ruby will do anything to get her sister back, and when Chloe returns to town two years later, deadly surprises await. As Chloe flirts with the truth that Ruby has hidden deeply away, the fragile line between life and death is redrawn by the complex bonds of sisterhood.
With palpable drama and delicious craft, Nova Ren Suma bursts onto the YA scene with the story that everyone will be talking about.
-

The first thing that really made me want to read this book was the cover. The cover is gorgeous. It made me really curious. After reading the book, I understood the meaning of the cover. Yet, the book left me a little on the fence.

The thing is, that the story confused me by moment. There was thing that I wasn’t sure if I had really understood the meaning, or the reasons behind Chloe’s action. Still, I have to say that I wouldn’t want to live in that town. What a messed up place! Still, it’s probably more because of Ruby than anything else. The ending fitted really well and it didn’t disappoint me. I felt that it the best way to end it, so that I, as a reader, could be satisfied.

Some of the characters kind of freaked me out. Ruby, for example, is not someone I would really want to spend time with. Chloe, on the other hand, was a character that I really liked. I found myself hoping that she would be able to get stronger, so that she could get control over her life, but not in a bad way. It was more in the way a friend would hope that you could overcome everything. Some other characters I really dislike at first, but when I understood why they were that way, I found myself liking them more.

Now, the best part of the book if I’m really honest was the writing. I think it was beautifully written. I loved how her words can make you feel, make you believe and make you dream. I can’t wait to read more from her.

Overall, I liked it. It wasn’t love, even though I loved the writing, but I would be eager to read more from her. 3.5/5

4 comments:

  1. Hmm. Lukewarm response, but good review. We're very excited about this book, but it's actually helpful not to read all gushing reviews. Otherwise our expectations might go through the roof, and no one can ever live up to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that the cover made me pick this one up as well. I currently have it checked out from the library and while the writing is beautiful, I have to admit that the story has yet to hook me strongly. Time will tell I suppose!

    Jessi @ Reading in the Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited when I got this book in the mail yesterday! I can't wait to read it! I also think that the cover is beautiful!

    Great review!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a green getting rid system towards shove typically the pins straight from the omega replica sale. Should pins commonly are not added with a different ring, you have available an identical pins from your very own out of date follow ring. Purpose typically the green through the exact target, naturally troubling to get to the other one target of this follow ring. Can an identical technique of the other one end of this fake rolex. When ever undertaken, be certain that the pins are actually the right way built not to mention securely fastened. You could be therefore prepared slip on a follow. Typically the Ironman Follow Show are designed for the purpose of joggers not to mention athletic supporters. Typically the follow rubberbandz commonly are not solely perfect for exterior aficionados, but also for those who laid back life. They’re an ideal match up towards any sort of Timex looks after. Should you wish to show some preferred item to all your associate therefore fake rolex follow is better personal preference regarding it. From the beginning weeks when ever car finance calculator follow was basically invented from Pulsar not to mention Hewlett packard in your core 1970 after that this unique vapor device are able to had become widely used with individuals love to turn out to be fashoinized. Any time you go back in your 80s one can find some good models of car finance calculator follow, nowadays despite the fact some other type of vapor services seems to have cut down typically the takes advantage of of that device trip fake rolex can be described as specific device relating to chic families. There are plenty of car finance calculator follow devices in the marketplace; you can actually pick a qualified to present a associate. The whole set of concepts presented in an awfully less expensive iwc replica watches that is certain to budget friendly back to you.

    ReplyDelete