Friday, June 17, 2011

Review: Jekel Loves Hyde

Title: Jekel Loves Hyde
Author: Beth Fantaskey
Release Date: May 3rd, 2010
Series: None
Number of Pages: 282
Publisher: Graphia
Source: Bought
-
Jill Jekel has always obeyed her parents rules;especially the one about never opening the mysterious, old box in her father's office. But when her dad is murdered, and her college savings disappear, she's tempted to peek inside, as the contents might be the key to a lucrative chemistry scholarship.
To improve her odds, Jill enlists the help of gorgeous, brooding Tristen Hyde, who has his own dark secrets locked away. As the team of Jekel and Hyde, they recreate experiments based on the classic novel, hoping not only to win a prize, but to save Tristen's sanity. Maybe his life. But Jill's accidental taste of a formula unleashes her darkest nature and compels her to risk everything, even Tristen's love just for the thrill of being . . . bad.
-

First thing I have to say is that I haven’t read The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Yet, I found that book really interesting. I liked how the book was incorporate in the story line. Everything was just captivating. I loved the dual point of view. It really helped understand what they were both going through. I really enjoyed seeing the relationship between Tristan and Jill grows. The ending made me smile, and made me happy. It was really a great way to end that book.

The characters were really fun. I liked the shy and nice Jill. She was really a character I could relate and like. She was great. Tristan had this really great mysterious side. I really liked reading his point of view. It really added something. Tristan’s father kind of freaked me out sometime though. There just was something about him. Darcy and Becca were the kind of girl I wouldn’t really want as friends.

I really enjoy Beth Fantaskey reading. It is simply funny and entertaining. I love her, and I can’t wait to read more from her!

I love her books. They are such funny and light books. It always makes me smile and it always captivate me. I would give it a 4/5

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the next books I plan to read. Glad you liked it! I loved Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, so I'm excited to read this book.

    ReplyDelete