Saturday, June 25, 2011

Review: Forgotten


Title: Forgotten
Author: Cat Patrick
Release Date: June 7th, 2011
Series: None
Number of Pages: 288
Publisher: Little Brown
Source: Bought
-
Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.
Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.
-
The cover caught my attention. It made me really curious. I was curious to know why she kept on forgetting her past, leaving her with only the future.

I wasn’t sure at first what to expect. Yet, it left me nicely surprised. My biggest complaint was the time frame. I know that she wrote the day at the beginning of every chapter, yet I couldn’t remember them. So I had to go back a few time to remember how much time had gone by. I really got caught in the story, making it hard to put the book down. I really enjoyed it. I simply wished the ending could have given us more, I felt like there was more that I wanted to know.

I really liked most of the characters. I liked London. I was really impressed by how she was able to live a normal life, without everyone knowing she didn’t remember the past. I really liked Luke, except for the fact he kept something that big a secret. Her best friend Jamie was annoying, yet I could sometime like the way she was with London. I felt like the actions of the mother were sometime strange, even if I know she did it to protect her daughter.

Overall, I really enjoy this book. I can’t wait to read more from Cat Patrick. I liked how the story was told, and I really enjoyed the story.

6 comments:

  1. I really liked this one as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't read this yet! It sounds great, I'm glad you enjoyed it :). Now to get a copy for myself...:P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this one either, but it sounds so good! Similar premise to the 50 First Dates movie, but I seem to be on an amnesia kick lately so have added this one to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to put this one on the top of my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked this one. It's such an interesting concept. Ironic that you had trouble remembering the time frame given the memory issue of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that can Rolex Replicasan individual's numerous necessities. Something more important that might be really hard to see is certainly Replica Rolex GMT Watchesthe reality that any font over the Daydate on the top menu is certainly bolder ın comparison to the an individual over the genuine Rolex Patterns are sometimes made seeSwiss Replica WatchesDesigner Replica Handbags UK
    . It's most certainly a fact for numerous Replica Rolex WatchesPatterns are sometimes made. You become legitimate synthetic leather in place of pretend synthetic leather. You become similar stitching. In actual fact, certain Shopping Replica Rolex Submariner Watches Synthetic version providers go over outlook together with deliver commodities that will be just a bit quite as good as the very Replica Rolex Air King Watches.

    ReplyDelete