Friday, June 24, 2011

Review: I Am Number Four

Title: I Am Number Four
Author: Pittacus Lore
Release Date: August 3rd, 2010
Series: Lorien Legacies
Number of Pages: 440
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: Bought
-
In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.
The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.
I Am Number Four is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.
I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT.
-

Umm…

I watched the movie a couple of weeks ago (there’s Alex Pettyfer in it, after all…). I liked it even though it isn’t the type of movie I really like. I decided I had to give the book a shot, because I usually like books better.

Arg, for the first time, I liked the movie better. The story line was the same, but there was some difference in Number Four’s personality. I just couldn’t get into the story as much as I did in the movie. Was it because I enjoyed the movie? Or was simply because I saw the movie first?

I couldn’t like Number four as much in the books, which made my sad. I loved the one played by Alex Pettyfer, not because of his looks, but because he felt more real. In the book, he doesn’t act like he wants to be a normal teenager as much as he does in the movie. I love Number Six in the movie, but in the book, she just fell flat. I liked Henri, in both the movie and book.


I’m curious for the Power of Six, because I want to know what will happen next for the characters. I’m kind of disappointed that Power of Six seems to be about Number Seven. I still enjoyed the movie more than the book.

3 comments:

  1. Good review! I LOVED the movie, and I was planning on reading the book. Now I might reconsider.

    Your header is adorable. by the way. ♥Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this movie too!
    Weirdly enough I have not yet read the books!
    I am huge Dianna Agron fan and that is what made me watch it! Alex Pettyfer's hot-ness helped too. :)
    I am glad I read your review because I was thinking of reading the book!
    I have started my own Book Blog

    http://oopsireadthatbook.blogspot.com/

    It's pretty new so it would mean the world to me if you drop by and follow!

    Xx
    P.S-Your Blog is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ray-Ban is one of - if not the most recognised sunglasses brand around the world. Go to any high street store or market stall and cheap ray ban its classic Aviator, Wayfarer and Clubmaster styles are the ones most imitated, but nothing beats the real thing. Starting life as a sunglasses and cheap moncler jackets manufacturer for US Army Service pilots, Ray-Ban has become iconic, with films such as Rebel Without a Cause, Easy Rider, Risky Business and Top Gun catapulting the brand into the oakley replica status it enjoys today. The brand of choice for rock royalty and movie stars, Ray-Ban epitomises cool, so it's no wonder it has been adopted by the fashion world too; we're taking pandora outlet inspiration from some of our favourite international bloggers and street style stars for different takes on this classic brand.

    ReplyDelete