Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Review: Thirst by Christopher Pike

Instead of doing my essay for my Italian class, I've decided to write about what I really enjoy, books!

So here is my first review, hopefully, there are more to come!

Thirst 1 (including The Last Vampire, Black Blood and Red Dice) by Christopher Pike
Release Date: August 4th, 2009
Number of pages: 594
Publisher: Simon & Pulse
Source: Bought
As to blood-Ah, blood, the whole subject fascinates me. I do like that as well, warm and dripping, when I am thirsty. And I am often thirsty…
            Alisa has been in control of her urges for the five thousand years she has been a vampire. She feeds but does not kill, and she lives her life on the fringe to maintain her secret. But when her creator returns to hunt her, she must break her own rules in order to survive.            Her quest leads her to Ray. He is the only person who can help her; he also has every reason to fear her. Alisa must get closer to him to ensure her immortality. But as she begins to fall in love with Ray, suddenly there is more at stake than her own life…

Last month, I started reading the first bind-up of Thirst, which includes The Last Vampire, Black Blood and Red Dice. I was quite disappointed. I had heard so many good comments about this book, that I was really excited to read it. Maybe that’s why I was expecting more. It took me a week to read the first two parts. I had no will to read the third one, as I had just bought many other books. Two days ago, I decided to pick it up and finish it. I actually liked the third part. Maybe it is because I expected less, but I enjoyed reading it. It is still not on my favorite list, but now I want to read the second and third book.

One of the things I didn’t like about the story was the main character. There are characters that you love to hate, but I just ended up hating her. I really wished I could have liked her, but everything about her got on my nerves. The way she expressed herself and acted seemed to me like a bad written character. I hate to say that, because I had read Remember Me by Christopher Pike and had adored it. Unfortunately, the main character really killed it for me. I like the plot, the way he writes things, except his characters.

I’ll try reading the second book, to see if it gets better, and I will review it soon.

Peace, love and lots of books!

2 comments:

  1. With the woman event, Cameron is reasonably efficient at obtaining she is some sort of Rolex or maybe another style of can easily extravagance check out, or maybe jewelry watch. And so is usually Aniston. In truth, your lover appears to be chanel replica to get a a weakness intended for Cartier wristwatches. My wife also been viewed using some sort of Cartier Reservoir Louis, some sort of Cartier Reservoir Chinoise, as well as a Cartier Roadster, involving different retro Cartier wristwatches. Earlier this summer months this gossip generator started off all over again of which mainly because Jen seemed to be patek philippe replica sale viewed using this Rolex Mayer received presented the woman, the item recommended your lover seemed to be seeking to post them announcements of which your lover needed to get back the ambiance. Weight likelihood. When a gal is usually presented an excellent check out or maybe wedding ring or maybe tote, your lover must be able to have fun with this given that this remembrances on the ex-mate tend not to spoil the instant. Greatly assist substantial replica prada profit, personalities including Aniston would not ought to advertise a service for example a extravagance check out. Even so, Jessica Simpson, whose vocation (in addition to particular lifetime) is usually striving, should look at parting while using the Rolex by Mayer; your lover could possibly likely get more for doing this currently being of which Mayer afforded the item to help the woman. Heya, performed Tony Romo allow the woman whatever? A different new woman's star to supply luxuries males hublot replica uk check out to help the woman male is usually Khloe Kardashian. Soon after solely many weeks connected with internet dating, Khloe in addition to Are generally Lakers frontward Lamar Odom committed.

    ReplyDelete