Sunday, February 27, 2011

Review 30: Iron King



Title: Iron King
Author: Julie Kagawa
Number of Pages: 363
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
-
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.
-
I had heard so many great comments about the Iron Fey series that I couldn’t wait to get my hand on the first book, the Iron King.  But first of all, how pretty is that cover! I love how they have put details at the beginning of each chapter; it adds a little something more.

Let’s now talk about the content. Can I say absolutely amazing? I love the story line. I just couldn’t put this book down, as it was just that good. Kagawa created a captivating story, in which only reading the next page can satisfy your craving for more. (Does it make sense?) I love how there is an ending for the main story line, which completely satisfied me, and a couple of pages more, to connect with the sequel. I hate it when authors prefer not completing the main plot, just to be able to write a sequel. So uncool. But Kagawa knows how to satisfy her readers. And I can’t wait to pick The Iron Daughter up, to read what will happen to Meghan (and I have to talk myself out of another trip to Indigo, because of a stupid invention call budget. Damn you budget, I hate you.)

I really liked the characters. Meghan is a great character, Puck is such a funny one, but I must say that I am utterly in love with Ash (Fictional Crush coming). Yes he can be coldhearted sometimes, but come on, isn’t just sexy enough? I am completely team Ash, if I dare say. Other than Ash, the characters just work well together, which really makes the book amazingly good.

I love Kagawa’s style of writing, and I can’t wait to read more from her, Iron Fey series or not. Do I really need to say more?

Overall, I absolutely adored this book. I would recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy, and of course YA. 10/10!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your review! So glad you liked this one, as the Iron Fey is one of my favorite new series! While I understand the appeal of Ash, I'm still a loyal Team Puck fan! I love a man who can make me laugh! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite series. SOOOOO good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get my hands on this one! It sounds so amazing.
    Brilliant review!
    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete