Thursday, February 24, 2011

Review 26: Evermore



Title: Evermore
Author: Alyson Noël
Number of Pages: 301
Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin
-
Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch.   Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste…

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition.  He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets.  Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head.  She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is.  Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.
-
I got Evermore by Alyson Noël for Christmas. My father bought me the box set with the first three books. The first thing I though when I saw Evermore is that the cover is really nice. First, it was simply because I love purple. Then, because I like the image (and yes, in that order. I feel so superficial sometime.).

I read it on Christmas Day, simply because I couldn’t put it down. The plot is good and the ending was okay. Evermore was really one of those books that you just adore, but when someone asks you why, you’re not sure what to answer. Yeah, the plot is good. Amazingly excellent? Not really. Was the ending mind-blowing? No, but it was okay.

Even the characters are just okay. I really liked Ever, but she was the only one that didn’t make me wonder if something wasn’t missing. I felt like I didn’t have enough about Damien (okay, maybe that was pat of the story, but still). Haven annoyed the hell out of me, and Miles is too stereotypical.

Noël’s writing was good. Yet, the real reason why I couldn’t put this book down was that the story just kept me engaged. I really enjoyed reading it, and couldn’t wait for Blue Moon, which I read directly after.

Still, I would give this book a 7/10. It was captivating, but I still feel like something was missing.

3 comments:

  1. I can see what you mean, and I agree. I didn't care for Evermore much, but something about it made me want to read every book in the series which I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Evermore, but I didn't love it. I do want to read Blue Moon though. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would suggest it isn't about decreasing demand, but omega replica sale rather due to enormous glut of inventory. To support this fact, I want to tell replica watches sale you that for the last 2-3 years, all I have been hearing from people who sell pre-owned, or gray market (outside of the official authorized dealer network) watches is that business is booming. So, many people telling me this and the obvious investments rolex replica uk they are making, allow me to safely say that this is not an understatement. In many breitling replica sale instances, pre-owned and gray market watch retailers are doing so well rolex replica sale that their goals aren't just to sell breitling replica sale watches, but to acquire them.

    ReplyDelete