Thursday, February 17, 2011

Review 19: Captivate

Title: Captivate
Author: Carrie Jones
Number of Pages: 273
Publisher: Bloomsbury
-
Zara and her friends knew they hadn't solved the pixie problem for good. Far from it. The king's needs grow deeper every day he's stuck in captivity, while his control over his people gets weaker. It's made him vulnerable. And now there's a new king in town.

A turf war is imminent, since the new pixie king, Astley, is moving in quickly. Nick nearly killed him in the woods on day one, but Zara came to his rescue. Astley swears that he and Zara are destined to be together, that he's one of the good guys. Nick isn't buying it, though Zara isn't as sure -- despite herself, she wants to trust the new king. But it's a lot more than her relationship with Nick that is at stake. It's her life -- and his.
-

I had read Need a couple of weeks ago, and I must say I was disappointed by the sequel Captivate. The first half of the book is all about the importance of the relationship of Nick and Zara. Not in a good way. I got bored of reading how much they couldn’t live without each other, and how they would die without the other. Honestly, the beginning made me question what I remembered from Need. The first book had really captivated me, and I had really enjoyed it. But the second one is far from being as good as the first.

The plot was really a negative aspect of the book for me. It was too slow. I needed action, but all she gave me at first was boring love talk. The kind of talk that makes you want to avoid your two friends who just started their new relationship and are soooo in love with each other. 

Then, the characters really annoyed me, which they hadn’t done in Need. Issie and Devyn just can’t seem to get together, and Nick and Zara are just too in love. That ends up being annoying after a while, because it makes the character empty for me. Why? Because everything they do seem to revolve around their “soul mate”.

The ending doesn’t really satisfy me. It’s okay, but there’s something missing to create a really good ending. Yet, I can’t say what it is. You know how we sometimes don’t know why we like or dislike something. Well, this is one of those times.

I still hope Entice will be better, because I don’t want to give up on this series yet. I would give Captivate a 6/10, but I hope I will be able to give Entice more!

1 comment:

  1. Precisely why this specific company can be ahead of time? LV company often chanel replica sale highlights in their classic journeying company. Throughout 1854, your significant trunks are generally their major solutions, your mains buyers are generally well-known nobleman inside first louis vuitton replica uk periods, similar to Gabrielle Chanel, king involving Asia plus the This particular language us president, this specific noble mindset slowly expand on the The show biz industry along with leisure group of friends. Throughout chanel replica sale your video Roman trip, Audrey Hepburn maintained a new Louis Vuitton start pertaining to day trip, inside truth lifestyle; jane is actually your supporter involving Louis Vuitton luggage. Countless megastars along with prosperous men and women as it, louis vuitton replica uk which in turn transform into your development indication. For the people as their natural leather features received prior how much chanel replica uk newborn baby wipes tend not to fret. 1st you will definitely need to please take a 50 % glass involving domestic hot water and advertising a pair of smaller lowers involving ordinary recipe cleaning soap. Currently please take a clean up publication along with drop the idea in the soapy normal water combination. Always shake out and about surplus normal water inside publication.

    ReplyDelete