Friday, February 25, 2011

Review 27: Fallen



Title: Fallen
Author: Lauren Kate
Number of Pages: 452
Publisher: Delacorte Press
-
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her
-
I loved Fallen. I picked it up because of its beautiful cover (How pretty is it?) and I never regretted it. I didn’t really know what to expect form it, because I hadn’t read anything about it. It was just there at the Indigo store downtown. It was one of those day were I can’t seem to control myself in a book store (which happens way to often... My credit card is about to divorce me…) Once I started to read it, I couldn’t put it down

First of all, I love the story. There is so much stuff going on that it never ends up being boring. The rhythm was really perfect for me: not too fast, not too slow. The ending was really well written, even if the ending clearly shows that there will be a sequel. She gives us just enough to satisfy us until the sequel Torment, but not enough to not to makes us crave for the sequel. I remember longing for the sequel for months after reading it.

I love the characters. I find them to be really well written. It would have been so easy to make Luce a Mary-Sue, but she is so far from that. Daniel and Cam are great characters. At some point, I couldn’t decide whom I like best. They are amazing in their own separate way, as they are two completely different characters. I don’t think there was one character that annoyed me for the wrong reasons.

Lauren Kate style is so good. I love the way she writes, I just feel like everything that was written needed to be in the book. I love how she describes things that matter.

I would give this book a good 8.5/10!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my site today. It gave me a chance to discover your blog and I enjoyed looking through your reviews. I was especially pleased to read the one about Red Riding Hood...won't be buying that one! I'm proud to be your fourth follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo another fallen fan! Thanks for stopping by..I also loved fallen I had such a hard time putting it down. I have torment sitting on my bookshelf begging to be read as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're absolutely right about the cover! Really loved Fallen, and own the second book, though I have yet to read it.

    ReplyDelete