Monday, February 07, 2011

Review 7: Red Riding Hood



Title: Red Riding Hood
Author: Sarah Blakley-Cartwright
Number of Pages: 329
Publisher: Poppy
-
The body of a young girl is discovered in a field of wheat. Her flesh mutilated by telltale claw marks. The Wolf has broken the peace.

When Valerie learns that her sister has been killed by the legendary creature, she finds herself at the center of a dark mystery, one that has plagued her village for generations. It is revealed that the werewolf lives among them, and everyone in the village immediately becomes a suspect. Could her secret love Peter be behind the attacks on her town? Is it her betrothed, Henry? Or someone even closer to her?

As the men in the village hunt for the beast, Valerie turns to her grandmother for help. She gives Valerie a handmade red riding cloak, and guides her through the web of lies and deception that has held her town together for so long. Will Valerie discover the werewolf's identity before the town is ripped apart?

This is a dangerous new vision of a classic fairy tale, the happy ending could be hard to find.
(from Goodread.com)
-

When I first saw the preview for the movie, I was curious. I looked beautiful. I wanted to see the movie. Then, last week, I went shopping to Indigo. I saw the book on one of their shelves, and told myself I had to read it, to know what the movie was about….

Bad move.

I was really disappointed by the book. The story was okay, the characters weren’t that bad. I just didn’t enjoy it. While I was reading it, I could see the beautiful images the movie would be made of. But as a book? Not that great.

Of course, the fact that there is no final chapter really annoyed me. How can you sell us a book, without a proper ending?!? I know they will put it online when the movie comes out, but still, we bought the book, we want to know. I just felt that it was only about making more money out of the movie, instead of really wanting to give the world a good book.

Will I see the movie? Probably (but probably on a Tuesday, so it is cheaper =P)
Do I recommended you to buy the book? Not really. Go see the movie instead. I think the visual effect will be worth more than the book was.

Not a big fan.

2 comments:

  1. Well. I certainly won't waste my money on this one. No final chapter? That's crazy. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which usually diversity is actually designed continuing to keep premises that include hublot replica, flexibility using legibility as. A fabulous Sportura-range is made for all the walk prior to. Small children is made of any kinetic together with quarta routine wristwatches, and the couple of sexes. All the dangerous models the spot that the Sportura-range is normally shared really are longines replica sale wine Retrograde Chronograph, Kinetic Potent Go, Chronograph Endless, Finished Kinetic Chronograph, Security and safety Chronograph and additionally straight forward chronograph. All the Sportura-range has ended up re-designed and additionally store imperative consumers by means of Seiko content and articles. Housing valid to make sure you it will be the past about solutions, Seiko will do it once again by using the Sportura-range. There is not merely a large amount of recent rolex replica sale on the diversity all the same aside from that, there is awesome increased qualities. Commonly on the list of wristwatches from Sportura-range certainly is the F1 Kia specific option. Such type of iwc replica watches got the root place emphasis a quick look at genset gameplay as being a definite support to options. This valuable experience is without question any finished speech for the legitimate choices meant to a quantity about flawlessness. A fabulous F1 Ford specialized option view is very useful couple of chief creations. One of many F1 wristwatches is actually fashioned with signatures on your rolex replica sale crew to the modify.

    ReplyDelete