Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Review 9: Choker

Title: Choker
Author: Elizabeth Woods
Number of pages: 240
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
-
What if the only friend you could trust turned out to be dangerous? A new thriller from debut author Elizabeth Woods!
-


-

Cara and Zoe are complete opposite. One seems that have no self-esteem, where the other one seems to have more than enough. This book is the story of Cara, who is pretty much the outcast of the school, being bullied by the popular girl. When she hits her lowest point, surprise, her old best friend shows up, having run away from her home.

From that point, I had a feeling about what was coming next. Then comes the death of a classmate of Cara, someone she seems to hate. And everything seems to fall into place to make life easier on Cara, except if you think about Zoe. Zoe, who seems too much sometimes for poor Cara.

By the third of the book, I knew how it would end. It was pretty easy for me to guess, which is probably one of the reasons why I didn’t enjoy that book as much as I would have liked to. I enjoyed her style, but the story fell flat at some point. I guessed also the secret behind Zoe. I can’t say I hated it. But I can’t say I loved it. What was missing for me was a little more mystery.

It seems to me this book would be a good summer read. But for this time of the year, when all I want is to stay in bed with a really good book, it didn’t make the cut. I would be curious to read more form her, when her next books come out, because I like her style.

Peace, love and lots of books.

2 comments:

  1. I've not heard a lot of good things about this book. I really thought I wanted to read it. The one thing holding me back though, other than the handfuls of negative reviews, is that the plot is so predictable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where there may a number of multitude accessible to men of all ages combined with wives of choice rolex submariner replica sale. Brighton is normally viewed in the form of make of necklaces devices in order that the creations and additionally technique all the devices are usually refined and additionally fashionable. So, you can easlily explore which usually Brighton devices really are country noted necklaces devices consequently they are popular just by numerous all of the breitling replica sale the globe due to their superior quality and additionally flexibility. Prior to when expecting methods to keep an eye on Netflix NORTH AMERICAN, it's always first of all necessary talk about as to why that are going to still come to be sensible in the beginning. Considering that, Netflix is actually definitely expanding the country's surgical treatments realize it's a huge, driving the country's via the internet loading offerings towards host or hostess about lands out of the u . s. There is, still, yet lots of individuals looking for ways to keep an eye on the u . s rendition about Netflix, despite that they also have a fabulous rendition about Netflix with their personally own hublot replica sale. Think a fabulous state of affairs just where you've gotten only just came across an exciting new most popular television for computer selection, in which in accordance with the word wide web comprises of 5 seasons about presents. As soon as you reached the for the other winter, still, taking a look at the software relating to the Netflix rendition there to any hublot replica sale, you detect you've got basically no permission to access all the independence day and additionally fifth iwc replica uk. The main reason why a great many Netflix individuals really are for that reason unhappy by means of Netflix, and provide began to try workarounds that include VPNs want Overplay, proxies, and additionally DNS Guide Bond.

    ReplyDelete