Friday, February 25, 2011

Review 28: Remember Me



Title: Remember me (+ The Return and The Last Story)
Author: Christopher Pike
Number of Pages: 789
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
-
Shari Cooper wakes up dead. The last thing she can remember is falling from a balcony during her friend’s party. Her death has been ruled a suicide, but Shari knows she was murdered. All of her closest friends are now suspects. As she tries to find her killer from the other side, she discovers her friends may not have been so loyal to her after all. Now, Shari is not just out for justice, she’s out for revenge….
-
I picked the Bind up for Remember Me because I had heard good comments about Christopher Pike’s work. When I picked it up, I thought I look good. I like the feeling the cover gave me. To be honest, I’m on the fence with this one.

The plot of the first book really got me interested. I really enjoyed it. When I started to read the second and third one, there was just something off for me. Maybe it was the religious aspect and the way reincarnation was presented (saying that someone is brought back as a cripple because he committed suicide just doesn’t go that well with me. I would honestly have been satisfied with just the first book.

The characters were okay. I liked Shari, but the rest of the characters just seemed to be complete idiots or complete stereotypes.

Pike’s style is excellent, but I’m just not so sure about were he wanted to go with The Return (the second book) and The Last Story (the third). I just had trouble with all the religious aspect.

If I had to rate this book as one, I would give it a 6.5/10. Separately, I would give Remember me a 7.5/10, and the other twos a 6/10 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for hopping by the Paperback Princesses. Thought I'd check out what you have to offer and I'm loving it. We Canucks have to stay together, so I'm your newest follower. Good luck with the blog.

    ReplyDelete