Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Review: Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
Women of the Otherworld #1
Release Date: September 25th, 2001
Number of Pages: 422
Publisher: Vintage Canada
Source: Bought
Smart, sexy, and supernatural, meet the Women of the Otherworld- Elena Michaels is the world’s only female werewolf- and she’s tired of it. Tired of a life spent hiding and protecting, tired of a world that not only accepts the worst in her- her temper, her violence- but requires it. Worst of all, Elena realizes she’s growing content with that life, with being that person. Overwhelmed by the new passions coursing through her body, Elena leaves the Pack and moves to the city to try living as a human. When the Pack leader calls to ask for her help fighting a sudden uprising, she only agrees because she owes him. Once this is over, she’ll be squared with the Pack and free to live life as a human. Which is what she wants. Really.
An erotically charged thriller, Bitten will awaken the voracious appetite of every reader, as the age-old battle between human and beast comes to a head in one small town and within one woman’s body.
This is probably one of my favorite series. It is not part an YA books, but I still adore it. I wouldn’t recommend it to someone under 16, even 18. Why? Simply because there’s violence, sex and some crude remarks. I have read all the books of this series, and I absolutely love Kelley Armstrong style. Some of you may know her for her books  The Summoning, The Awakening and The Reckoning (which I have not read.)

I like how she presents strong female characters, instead of using the damsel in distress kind of characters (or simply a Mary-Sue. I hate Mary-Sue.) She doesn’t try to reinvent the supernatural races, but she does give them their own twist.

Perfect for a day off, or a long trip, as you may not be able to put it down once you start it

One Of my Favorites.

2 comments:

  1. I love Bitten! Elena makes a great heroine and I can NOT wait to read the other books in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is an adrenaline rush. It's very exciting, romantic and intriguing. It is the first real horror novel I ever read, and it's just a really good book. If you can handle watching X Files while alone and not freak out than this book shouldn't scare you too badly. I recommend this book for everyone. But this has quite of a sex and violence and is definitely not for children, or major prudish people.

    Mariz
    Look at Belden Cable

    ReplyDelete