Monday, February 21, 2011

Review 23: Prophecy of the Sisters

Title: Prophecy of the Sisters
Author: Michelle Zink
Number of Pages: 343
Publisher: Little Brown
-
Sixteen-year-old Lia Milthorpe and her twin sister Alice have just become orphans, and, as Lia discovers, they have also become enemies. The twins are part of an ancient prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other. To escape from a dark fate and to remain in the arms of her beloved boyfriend James, Lia must end the prophecy before her sister does. Only then will she understand the mysterious circumstances of her parents' deaths, the true meaning of the strange mark branded on her wrist, and the lengths to which her sister will go to defeat her.
-

First, the cover was average for me. It isn’t the most beautiful one I’ve seen, but not the worst. I like the details at the beginning of each chapter and at the bottom of every page.

The plot is okay. I like the rhythm of the story, as I don’t feel like Zink is trying to add things that aren’t needed, just to make the story longer. The Ending is okay, but it’s clear that it was written to open the door for a sequel, because the story isn’t finished.

I love the settings. It is situated at the end of the nineteenth century, in New York. It adds a good atmosphere to the story. I like how it adds something to the story, as people weren’t as open about witchcraft and prophecy as they are today (okay, maybe people today wouldn’t really believe in it too, but at least they wouldn’t be accused of blasphemy or that kind of things).

I really liked the characters. The twins are real opposite. Alice is a character you love the hate, where Lia is such a strong character. I also like that Luisa and Sonia aren’t just there to be there. They are actually there to help Lia. I also like that the feelings between James and Lia didn’t take to much space in the story line.

Overall, I would give this book a 7/10.

1 comment:

  1. I just couldn't get into this for some reason or another. I'll have to give it another shot. Great review and thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete