Sunday, February 13, 2011

Review 13: The Dark Divine



Title: The Dark Divine
Author: Bree Despain
Number of Pages: 372
Publisher: Egmont
-
Grace Divine—daughter of the local pastor—always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared and her brother Jude came home covered in his own blood.

Now that Daniel's returned, Grace must choose between her growing attraction to him and her loyalty to her brother.

As Grace gets closer to Daniel, she learns the truth about that mysterious night and how to save the ones she loves, but it might cost her the one thing she cherishes most: her soul.
(from Goodreads)
-

When I first started reading this book, I wasn’t really sure I would like it. I just couldn’t get into the story. Once I did, I couldn’t put it down. I absolutely adore the characters. Grace doesn’t act like a Mary-Sue, something that would have been a complete turn off for me, but acts like a normal teenager in her situation would. She doesn’t act like a damsel in distress, or like a total idiot that seems to think that because she likes a guy, he could be the devil incarnated and she wouldn’t care at all.

The plot gets better as you get farther in the book. I thought at first it was a little boring by moment, but in the end, I was hooked. Her style is enjoyable and easy to read. I’m already craving for the sequel, The Lost Saint, even is the book doesn’t end with a cliffhanger.

I would certainly give this book a good 8/10, for a slow start, but an amazing end.

1 comment:

  1. Due to the fact that is normal quartz plus a tough prada replica that is great for polishing and also slicing directly into several styles to generate gorgeous items of made by hand gucci replica which can be esteemed for ascetic features and also almost all the therapeutic and also relaxing features. It could be changed to beans of each decoration and also these kinds of may be put in any metallic establishing or perhaps an item of beaded hublot replica uk may be built from by means of drilled beans. The particular little bit of Increased Quartz which is emerge the particular made by hand breitling replica sale have got robust efforts. There are numerous gorgeous semi-precious dior replica.

    ReplyDelete