Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review: The Body Finder



Title: The Body Finder
Auhtor: Kimberly Derting
Release Date: March 16th 2010
Series: The Body Finder #1
Number of Pages: 327
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: Bought
-
Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world . . . and the imprints that attach to their killers.
Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find dead birds her cat left for her. But now that a serial killer is terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, Violet realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.
Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved by her hope that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer . . . and becoming his prey herself.
-

OMG. I can’t believe this book has been waiting for almost THREE weeks in my TBR pile. It is simply excellent. I had heard so many great comments about this; I had to see for myself. I must say I wasn’t disappointed.

I thought the story was original. I love her morbid power, and I love what it brings to the story. The book isn’t only about discovering the killer. Girls, here come the wonderful story of a growing relationship between two best friends. The end almost killed me. It was simply a rollercoaster of emotions (yes, I’m one of those readers that can become a little to emotionally connected to the characters. It can sucks when you’re in public…) It got me addicted so fast, I ended up forgetting about my amazing English essay (which I’m handing today) just so I could finish this book. (No, I did not procrastinate. I’m so not that kind of girl… Okay, I am, but who can blame me?

I loved the characters. Violet is a really great character, and I love the relationship she has with Jay. I love reading about their interaction, and seeing how being in love can sometime make us stupid… *Sigh* I’m still waiting for my own Jay…

Kimberly Derting is an amazing storyteller. I was captivated by her words, her story. I really have to pick Desires of the Dead, because I am hungry for more.

Honestly, if you haven’t read this book, go read it now. It is an excellent book. Loving it!
10/10

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this book too. Can't wait for the second one!
    I thought this book had some very adult elements to it, mostly the parts where it was told from the murderer's point of view

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is in my "up next" list. Sounds SO GOOD!
    Great review =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I haven't read this yet, but I do want too. It reminds me of the Harper Conelley Mysteries by Charlaine Harris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contact table for a long time, many people replica watches will become more and more like antique table or antique core, the rolex replica kind of old things emanate from the time of the flu, the new object replica watches uk is not given. And many old items designed, good breitling replica workmanship, more popular.

    ReplyDelete