Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Review: Secrets and Shadows



WARNING - SEQUEL - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS- WARNING

Title: Secrets and Shadows
Author: Shannon Delany
Release Date: February 15, 2011
Series: 13 to life #2
Number of Pages: 304
Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin
Source: Bought
-
Nothing's simple when you run with werewolves. Jess Gillmansen thinks she's seen it all but her eyes are about to be opened to even more danger and a reality far more paranormal than she's suspected. With Jess' realization that the Rusakovas' mother is still alive and imprisoned, the group's choices become harder and trust more important. Lines are drawn and relationships change as the broken Rusakova family struggles to reunite to free their mother - and those who Jess thought to be normal people show themselves to be much, much more..
-
I bought this book 2 days after I had finished 13 to life. Why? Simply because I HAD to know what would happen. I really like the cover, and I love the fact that it came out in paperback (better for my budget.)

The story is as good as the story from the first. There’s some drama, so over protectiveness and some love. It goes perfectly with the first one, and it makes me really want to know what will happen in the third (and I can’t wait already.) I really like the ending, even if it makes me crave for more.

The characters slightly grow form the first book to this one. I really fell in love with Cat in this one; she is now my favorite character. She is strong, funny, and I adore her. Pietr has the hero complex in this one, it ends up being sometime a little too much. Jessie looked to me at some points like she would do anything for some kind of affection. Max makes me laugh. The character that I truly hate is Sarah. There is just something about her that I can’t stand

For the writing, there's nothing really to say. If you liked the first one, you will like this one. Her style is similar from book one.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I will definitely read the third book (coming out in August).

7.5/10.

2 comments:

  1. I like 13 to Life a lot, but I can't seem to get into Secrets and Shadows. I'm trying to finish the book I'm currently reading as fast as I can so I can get back to S&S. I hope it gets better for me. :)

    Chel @ The procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed it too, and got through it quickly!

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete