Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Review: Hush Hush



Title: Hush Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Number of Pages: 391
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
-
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.
-

Another book I picked up because it was so beautiful. I love the cover. I love the design of it, the choice of color, and of course the image. I hadn’t read anything about this book when I bought it, and I never regretted my choice.

The plot was captivating. I really had to know what was going on, because every time I thought I knew the truth, something came up to change my mind. I really liked the ending, because I wasn’t expecting it.

I love the characters. Nora can sometime be really smart, but at other times, she can be so naïve. Patch is a hot badass. You may love him, hate him, or love to hate him, but he won’t let you feeling indifferent. Vee sometimes seemed stupid to me, I don’t know why, but it still works with the story. They didn’t feel too stereotypical, and except for the mother, I liked them.

Fitzpatrick style is captivating. I absolutely couldn’t wait for the sequel. I love how she wrote everything; how she was able to create so many twists in the story to keep us engage in the story.

I love this book. I give it a good 9/10

3 comments:

  1. "Patch is a hot badass." Hehe, amen to that ;) But I'm sorry to say, I saw him first. He's mine!

    Great review! I loved this book and the cover is hot, that's what first wowed me over and then I met Patch and whew. I can't wait for the third book in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have have have have to read this one! It sounds amazing - and I love the cover too!
    Ah, gotta love a hot badass!
    Brilliant review! I'm off now, but send me a post if you read anything amazing! Bii!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red patent leather strap also sold in independent stores product, each strap is equipped with an exclusive hublot replica for your Christmas fun in the winter to convey romantic love. Carefully crafted fake breitling watches, innovation, replica watches uk are labels; careful self-improvement, pioneers, the human spirit is Hamilton. Tour of the site design using the latest rolex replica sale global image in the modern city of the night sky, lit orange passionate personality. New replica watches uk to the city, ocean, desert, sky background, the brand's iconic orange box tag heuer replica uk against the protagonist of the sfake breitling to open tag heuer replica hearts symbolizing time ahead is to harness the city and in the wilderness, in good hublot replica and difficult source of power.

    ReplyDelete