Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (4)

Waiting on Wednesday is This is a Meme hosted by Jill from breakingthespine.


Title: The Pledge
Author: Kimberly Derting
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Release Date: November 15th 2011


Words are the most dangerous weapon of all.

In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she’s spent her life trying to hide her secret. The only place she can really be free is the drug-fueled underground clubs where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. It's there that she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy named Max who speaks a language she's never heard before . . . and her secret is almost exposed.

Charlie is intensely attracted to Max, even though she can’t be sure where his real loyalties lie. As the emergency drills give way to real crisis and the violence escalates, it becomes clear that Charlie is the key to something much bigger: her country’s only chance for freedom from the terrible power of a deadly regime.



Why? Simply because it looks really good, and I absolutely love the cover.



17 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds wonderful.
    I'm a huge fan of Kimberly Derting after reading The Body Finder. I'm glad she has another book outside of that series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I loved The Body Finder. Can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really intriguing. I still have to check out The Body Finder books. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a dystopian fan but I will read anything Kimberly Derting writes.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book has been all over blogs lately...I also love the cover and have put it on my list to read! Thanks for stopping by my WOW today :)

    Lori @ Romancing the Darkside

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linguistics in a YA! Sign me up! This look like it has a very interesting plot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this a couple of times today, looks fantastic. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Pick!! This was my WOW too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so cannot wait for this one. It looks like such a fun read. Great pick!

    Jenny @ Into The Morning Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed The Body Finder. I'm looking forward to this book, too! Happy to hear Derting has written a dystopian book. Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep seeing this book on the net today! It sounds fantastic, and have added it to my TBR. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking forward to this one, too. I'm reading Desires of the Dead right now and I'm already ready to read more by Kimberly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! Languages! I love languages! And there's a YA book featuring this.

    Just added to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, yes, yes! Fantastic pick! I'm so excited to get my hands on this. I loved The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting, so I can only imagine how awesome this is going to be and the plot... the plot *lusts*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really looking forward to this one one, too! I love Kimberly Derting's writing and I know she's going to do great things with a dystopian idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Derting's writing style, so I will definitely be checking out The Pledge. I love that cover too. Great pick and thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read any of Derting's books yet but I'm really excited for this one!

    ReplyDelete