Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (2)

Waiting On Wednesday: This is a Meme hosted by Jill from breakingthespine.

Title: Wither
Author: Lauren DeStefano
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
March 22nd, 2011
-
What if you knew exactly when you would die?

Thanks to modern science, every human being has become a ticking genetic time bomb—males only live to age twenty-five, and females only live to age twenty. In this bleak landscape, young girls are kidnapped and forced into polygamous marriages to keep the population from dying out.

When sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery is taken by the Gatherers to become a bride, she enters a world of wealth and privilege. Despite her husband Linden's genuine love for her, and a tenuous trust among her sister wives, Rhine has one purpose: to escape—to find her twin brother and go home.

But Rhine has more to contend with than losing her freedom. Linden's eccentric father is bent on finding an antidote to the genetic virus that is getting closer to taking his son, even if it means collecting corpses in order to test his experiments. With the help of Gabriel, a servant Rhine is growing dangerously attracted to, Rhine attempts to break free, in the limted time she has left

-

I’ve read so much about this book, and every review I read were positive. I really can’t wait to get my hands on this book, and to finally be able to read it. It looks extremely good. Plus, I love the cover. At least, I only have to wait three weeks!

11 comments:

  1. I read this book through an egalley and it was absolutely fantastic.

    Nice blog! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this book as well!

    New follower!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping by....yes, the cover is gorgeous! I read this one and didn't love it, but I know others do. The book has those circles and lines on the inside as well. Neeto

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won an ARC of this a while ago so I'm hoping to get to it soon! AMazing premise, beautiful cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm excited for this one too. love my dystopian and gorgeous cover too. a sure winner :)

    Michelle

    P.S. thanks for stopping by our IMM post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually just posted a review for this one ( http://booklabyrinth.blogspot.com/2011/03/wither-by-lauren-destefano.html )

    I absolutely loved it... I'll definitely be picking up a finished copy at some point, because the book was wonderful, and the cover is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually kind of scared that the hype surrounding this book will ruin it for me. I go into serious cover lust though, when I stare at that book. It's dangerous. I only hope the text as is as great as that cover! Lol.

    Great pick!

    Happy blogging and enjoy your current reads!

    Asher K. (Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this book! I posted up my review this morning, it's been a week or so since I finished and I still can't stop thinking about it. Amazing, I'm "Waiting On.." book two!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard alot about this book, It sounds really interesting and will definitely check it out once its out. Thanks for stopping by my blog. inthenameofbooks.blogspot.com

    I am new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right, most of the reviews from this book are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for dropping by! I've heard some mixed things about this one but the cover is very beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete