Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Review: Gone



WARNING – THIRD BOOK OF THIS SERIES – MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Title: Gone
Author: Lisa McMann
Number of Pages: 214
Publisher: Simon Pulse

-
Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she’d made her peace with it. But she can’t handle dragging Cabel down with her.
She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He’s amazing. And she’s a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves: She has to disappear. And it’s going to kill them both.
Then a stranger enters her life — and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she’d ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out. . . .
-

The final book in the Wake trilogy was really good. I love the design of the three books, how well they fit together.

The plot was really good. It captivated me from the start. This one is more about Janie’s personal life, where the second one was more about finding the bad guy. The story is a nice continuation of the first two books. I love how this book ends, how the entire series ends. It satisfied me.

I love the characters of this series. They are not perfect; they have their own demons. Janie is growing, so is Cabel. You see them learning about themselves. I didn’t care that much for most of the other characters, except Henry. I like learning about who he was, and how that can affect Janie.

The writing is the same as in the first two books. If you enjoyed it, you will again. If you didn’t, you still probably won’t.

I love this series. I recommend it to everyone. 9/10!


2 comments:

  1. This is a series l really do hope to be able to read one day! It sounds good =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BooksforCompany: I hope you will! I can't wait to read more from her.

    ReplyDelete