Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Review Wicked Lovely



Title: Wicked Lovely
Author: Melissa Marr
Release Date: June 12th 2007
Series: Wicked Lovely #1
Number of Pages: 328
Publisher: Harper Teen
Source: Bought
-
All teenagers have problems, but few of them can match those of Aislinn, who has the power to see faeries. Quite understandably, she wishes that she could share her friends' obliviousness and tries hard to avoid these invisible intruders. But one faery in particular refuses to leave her alone. Keenan the Summer King is convinced beyond all reasoning that Aislinn is the queen he has been seeking for nine centuries. What's a 21st-century girl to do when she's stalked by a suitor nobody else can see? A debut fantasy romance for the ages; superlative summer read
-

I had seen this book almost everytime I went to Chapter or Indigo, but I never bought it until last week. Why did I finally buy it? I had to; everyone was talking about Darkest Mercy coming out. So I bought this pretty book. Did the book give me everything I was hoping for? Not really. Was it entertaining? At the end, it was.

The plot was good. The intrigue was interesting, but it wasn’t a masterpiece to me. I thought it was entertaining, but only after reading a good part of the book. The ending was okay, it fitted well with the story, but it didn’t really satisfy me. It completes the story, but didn’t satisfy me as a reader. I was just hoping for me.

The characters, on their own, were okay. I didn’t really like the relationship between them that much. I may like Seth in a way, but I didn’t like his relationship with Aislinn. There was something that just wasn’t right for me. They weren’t the best part of this book.

The writing was good. I think Melissa Marr writes well, but I can’t really say that it makes the book, or break it.

Overall, it was an okay book. It was entertaining, but it just didn’t go well with me.
I would give it a 6/10. Still I have hope for the next ones, so I’ll read them.  

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't enjoy this book as much as I did! The second one, Ink Exchange, is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, interesting. I'm glad to read a review of this book that isn't raving, because so many people seem to absolutely adore this series. I'm definitely going to check it out, but I like seeing a couple different perspectives on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you, I read it and I wrote a review quite similar to what you're saying, about the characters etc. But I hope the second and third and so on books are better! i still need to get my hands on them....Nice review!! :D

    ReplyDelete