Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Review: My Soul To Save



Title: My Soul To Save
Author: Rachel Vincent
Release Date: December 15th 2009
Series: Soul Screamer
Number of Pages: 279
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Source: Bought
-
When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.
So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn't wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can't cry for someone who has no soul.
The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad's ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend's loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can't possibly understand.
Kaylee can't let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk….
-

It took me a while to write this review, I don’t know why. I read it last week, but I just couldn’t really put words on why I liked it. I guess you could read my review of the first of the Soul Screamer series HERE.

The plot is interesting, but I must say it wasn’t as good as the first. I really wanted to know what would happen in the sequel, and I still want to know what will happen next. Yet, it just didn’t make me super excited.

The characters were okay. I really like Nash, but Kaylee ended up annoying me in this one. She is just too much into risking her life to save someone else’s. It got on my nerves.

I like Rachel Vincent, but I’m not as excited for the third book, as I was for the sequel. I will still buy it and read it.

I would give this one a 7/10, just because I didn’t like it as much as My Soul To Take.

I know this is a really short review, but I currently working on too many essays at the same time. At least, I know I’m going to the university of my choice next Fall, as long as I pass all my classes!

2 comments:

  1. I've seen a few reviews of this series recently, and I still feel uneasy about investing time into reading it when there are so many books that at least SOUND awesome lol.

    I totally understand about it taking a while to write something about a book you don't really care for...it is rough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so have to start reading this series !!Thanks for the review ;)

    ReplyDelete