Thursday, March 24, 2011

Review: Falling Under



Title: Falling Under
Author: Gwen Hayes
Release Date: March 1st 2011
Series: Falling Under #1
Number of Pages: 324
Publisher: New American Library
Source: Bought
-
Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams.

As the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear.

And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul.
-

This book has been in my TBR pile for over a while. I finally read it, and I honestly loved it. I picked it up because the book itself is gorgeous (and I love the texture of the cover) I must say, the book is as good as it looks.

The plot was good. It was intriguing, interesting and mysterious. For me, it wasn’t the element that really made me love this book, but it was still pretty close. I really liked the ending; it couldn’t have ended better for me. I can’t wait to get more from this series (I do hope I have the right information. This has to be a series; I will die if I don’t find out what will happen with Theia and Haden.) I loved it.

Now here is my favorite part of the book: The characters. First, Theia was the perfect mix of strength and weakness. I found her to be believable, and she wasn’t annoying at all, which I like. I loved her friends. They were just the right kind of characters to balance Theia’s strength and weakness, without being annoying (Yes, I often do find characters annoying) my favorite was definitely Haden. Mysterious, sexy and kind of old school in the way he talks, he is the perfect male character. His bad side keeps you addicted, and his good side makes you fall for him. I’m still dreaming of him *sigh*.

Hayes writes beautifully. I can’t wait to read more from her (and hopefully this series) I simply loved every second of it.

9/10

5 comments:

  1. Great Review.I totally agree with you, it has a great cover.Thank You for your review.It is surely in my TBR List.I love your blog.I see that you've reviewed many of my fave books.New Follower here.
    Mia
    http://bookaholic5.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't picked this one up yet but it's definitely on my list.
    Great review! I love finding out about the book w/out spoilers, thanks:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review...It's at the of my TBR list now ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  4. at the top* of my TBR list...

    ReplyDelete

  5. One of the most representative replica watches of the brand is the ship, directly press the button on the case, you can easily replica watches uk remove the original strap, according to rolex replica their own preferences and size, to buy the appropriate swiss replica watches style of the strap replaced. As well as Montblanc Po Xi female form, there is a convenient replacement strap device.

    ReplyDelete