Friday, March 11, 2011

Review : My Soul to Take



Title: My Soul to Take
Author: Rachel Vincent
Number of Pages: 279
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

-
She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next
-
I picked this book, because I heard many great reviews about this series. Yet, I wish I could have the UK edition because I prefer that cover. The US cover is okay, but it doesn’t intrigue me as much as the other one.

The plot is good, but it becomes better as it goes. At first, I wasn’t sure, but at the end; all I wanted was reading the sequel. I liked it. I had never really read any story with that kind of plot, so for me it was original. The ending was good, and it makes me want to read the sequel really bad. I liked it.

I’m not that sure about all the characters. I really don’t like Sophie. She’s too much of a stereotype by moments. Kaylee got better as the story goes on, but she seems at some point slightly stupid. My favorite was definitely Nash. I like him; I think he’s great.

The writing was okay. It wasn’t a masterpiece, but it didn’t take away anything from the story. I enjoy it.

Overall, I liked it. I can’t wait to read the sequel. I would give it an 8/            10. 

1 comment:

  1. Some assembled pouch with the help of specific imagery beefs up your own personal declaration. replica louis vuitton Sheet metal clothing permit some visual a proper differentiation! fake louis vuitton You could test some canvas information accompanied by a permanent magnet return back form should you desire an enormously sleek & effortless move. fake louis vuitton An entirely detachable sling straps, & a group of tackles, even parts your existing type options for the fashion for which you agree on towards slip on products have move pouch. chanel replica At the bare pouches through proper leatherette add a particular simple attractiveness in the virtually all stress-free dress. fake chanel Curious about who cutting-edge form, therefore simply just opt for a a particular at the bare move pouch with the help of stud decorations not to mention backlink string characteristic.

    ReplyDelete